There were two big stories in Australia this week. They had lots of impact because they were visual and visceral.
You know the ones I mean.
One was about a boy. The other was about a sheep.
Many journalists, commentators, politicians, and tweeps have had their two cents worth.
So here's some reading to punctuate your thinking:
(Hint: they are not about the sheep and not all about the boy)
- Read Syria Deeply regularly
- NYT columnist Nick Kristoff is good. Here's his latest piece:
- New Yorker on ISIS
- Atlantic on how the media covers the people behind the stats
- Short blog post from the London Review of Books by Thomas Jones on morality
- Another Atlantic piece on ISIS and Palmyra